Health and Safety Policy
B Building is committed to professionally managed quality and safely executed construction.
B Building’s systems have been revised and approved by WorkCover Tasmania as compliant with the 2012 Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
B Building’s complete commitment to the execution of safe building projects includes a commitment to all employees and contractors on site as well as visitors and the client. This safety commitment extends to:
- Achieving an accident free workplace as far as practicable
- Making safety an integral part of any customer service, work planning, supervision and methods of operation
- Involving our employees and relevant parties in the decision making process as relevant through open communication, consultation and training
- Providing education, training and induction to ensure safe working practices built on effective hazard assessment and management
- Ensuring all incidents are reported, controlled and prevented as far as practical
- Providing effective and professionally guided injury management and rehabilitation.
B Building is also committed to ensuring that the workplace remains a drug and alcohol free environment at all times. It is a condition of employment and contracting that people maintain themselves fit and ready for work and that where there is a reasonable doubt, management requires that this be clarified before access to the worksite or continuing work is performed. Zero tolerance is a cornerstone of B Building’s culture and commitment.
The success of our Health and Safety management depends upon:
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing safety controls that are suitable to each given situation
- Understanding the total work process and associated safety risks
- Ensuring the work team is committed to achieving our objectives, and
- Ensuring that open communication exists between management and all employees.